Opening night of the Zurich meets New York festival, the Collegium Novum Zurich played live music to four DADA inspired silent films and one film from the 40ies. A very rare treat indeed and one I enjoyed thoroughly; a feast for the senses.
The YouTube videos below do not feature the music of Collegium Novum Zurich, but you get the idea.
The films with their YouTube links and embedded below:
- Ghosts Before Breakfast by Hans Richter – 1928. Music: Carola Bauckholt 2008.
- The Fall of the House of Usher by James Sibley Watson, Jr. and Melville Webber -1928. Music: Iris ter Schiphorst 2014.
- Entr’acte Cinematographique by Rene Clair – 1924. Music: Erik Satie, Andrew Digby 2007.
- Fourteen Ways of Describing the Rain by Joris Ivens – 1929. Music: Hanns Eisler, Opus 70, 1941.
- White Flood by Frontier Films – 1940. Music: Hanns Eisler, Chamber Symphony, Opus 69 1940.
Ghosts Before Breakfast
The Fall of the House of Usher
Entr’acte Cinematographique (music match)
Fourteen Ways of Describing the Rain (music match)