Happy Friday the 13th… I know it doesn’t mean anything, nor do I find the combination of a random day of the week paired with an equally as random number scary.
What is however a tad scary, is that I entered into a 30-day video challenge.
My challengers and I are all producing a video a (business) day for the month of October and posting daily to our YouTube channels. So that’s 22 videos in 30 days.
I’ve survived videos one through 10 so far and have made some discoveries for myself. Notably:
- Routine makes things easier (duh)
- Organizing upfront pays off later (double duh)
- Plans to re-invent the wheel (i.e. the video style) every week NOT going to happen if the task is 22 videos in 30 days and not winning a beauty contest.
- Finding video content is the easiest part
- If you’re sloppy with ANY step of shooting, organzing files, editing, rendering, and uploading to YouTube you’ll pay for it dearly during the following step(s)
Here a link to video #8: Storytelling, Finding Content. Find out how super easy it is to get to content consistently!
And, since you’re at it, please subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
I have another challenge going with my nephew as to who will have more subscribers by the end of the year. And although, currently ahead of the curve, I don’t trust those digital natives. One viral video and I’m toast!
Video Tech Specs:
All videos are shot on my iPhone 7 with a Sennheiser clip-on microphone, edited on Adobe Premiere. The graphics are produced in Adobe Photoshop and then imported into Premiere.